Ducted air conditioning is a very efficient way of heating and cooling your home depending on the type of system you select. Below are a basic description of the 3 most common types of ducted air conditioning.
Types of Ducted Air Conditioning
- The cheapest form of Ducted air conditioning is Ducted Evaporative air conditioning it works on the principal of hot dry air being drawn through wet pads.The cool air is then circulated through your home with an outlet in each room allowing the whole of home to be cooled at the same time. This type of ducted air conditioning is best suited to open plan living. It also requires doors or windows to be left open to ensure efficient performance.
- Ducted Gas heating is a form of ducted air conditioning to offer the heating component. In my opinion ducted gas heating is better suited to colder areas of the world. Because Perth has a very mild winter compared to other areas.
- A Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning system. Would be the most convenient and effective way to heat and cool you home in Perth. It is the most efficient form of heating on the market. It is also a very effective form of cooling your home or office.
Cost of ducted air conditioning
There are several factors that can effect the price you pay for ducted air conditioning. Firstly the quality and brand of machine and the components used. With ducted air conditioning especially. You have the option to save money on the installation of your system. Because selecting a diy option in some cases you can save up to $1500.00. Depending on the size of your ducted air conditioning system.
- Basic cost of a ducted air conditioning evaporative cooling system fully installed prices would start from $3300.00. This would be for a small home say 120 sq metres. For a home of 200 sq metre you would pay up to $5500.00. Depending on the brand and components used in the system.
- Basic cost of a ducted air conditioning gas heating system $3800.00 for a small home say 100 sq metres. And up to $6000.00 for a home of 220 sq metre depending on the brand and components used in the system.
- The costs of ducted air conditioning reverse cycle can vary quite a lot. Depending on your home and the size of the machine required. Prices would range from $6000.00 up to $30,000.00. There is also a couple of other things that can effect the price of your reverse cycle air conditioning system. The first being your zone controller. This can affect the price by up to $1000.00 dollars. The number of zones used can effect the price.
Things to consider when buying a ducted air conditioning system
- When buying a ducted air conditioning system always do your home work and buy from a reputable company that has a good online reputation This will ensure they have a solid history and they are not a fly by night company. Make sure you do your home work as it is a large purchase and you need to ensure if you do have any problems the company will be around to help sort them out.
- When you buy a Ducted evaporative cooling system ensure you buy a system with a drain valve as this will prolong the life of your system and ensure the risk for unwanted maintenance is reduced.
- So have you thought about a diy option? this can save you up to $1500.00 depending on the type of system and the size of your ducted air conditioning system. While there are parts of your ducted air conditioning system you will have to get installed by qualified trades. Such as electrical, Plumbing,and refrigeration to keep your warranty in place. All the flexible ducting and ceiling vents. Can be installed by a well skilled handy man. This is were your savings of up to $1500.00 can come from.
- Another important part of your ducted air conditioning system is the quality of components you use in your system. I would recommend locally made products ad not imported products as you are supporting local companies. One such company is Gmtair they manufacture there own flexible ducting and fitting in Bayswater.
Summary for things to look for when buying a system
When Buying a ducted air conditioning system decide on a budget and do your home work. Do not buy from unknown companies. Buy a system that uses a quality brand name machine. Buy quality Australian made components were possible because that will suit your air conditioning system conforms to all current standards.
If you require any more information call me or email me